The East Coast Freshwater category extends from Fraser Island in the north to Wilson Promontory in the south. The target species for the East Coast Freshwater category is a freshwater fish which inhabits an area in coastal rivers, lakes and estuaries of Eastern Australia.
- The East Coast Freshwater category extends from Fraser Island in the north to Wilson Promontory in the south, and includes any east-flowing river or tributary .
- Fish eligible for the Challenge can be caught in any public river, tributary or public impoundment.
- Competitors can be from Queensland, Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales and Victoria.
- Competitors may only upload one photograph for the competition. If the fish entered is in the East Coast category you may not enter a fish in your State category.
- Fish entered in this category are nominated as East Coast or EC and not State specific.
- Private dams and impoundments are strictly excluded from the Pirtek Fishing Challenge.