Each year, the Pirtek Fishing Challenge has ‘fine-tuned’ the category regions to provide the best opportunity for competitors to fish and win in their local waterways.
While most categories are state-based, this does not work particularly well for Western Australia and the Northern Territory. So for 2017 we’re introducing the ‘Top End’category and maintaining the Southern WA category.
Below you will find guidelines for these categories:
- The Top End category encompasses all of the Northern Territory, including the major off shore islands, and Western Australia from the Northern Territory / West Australian corner border, heading west in a straight line to Carnarvon and north.
- Fish eligible for the Challenge can be caught in any public river, tributary or public impoundment.
- Competitors may only upload one photograph for the competition. If the fish entered is in the Top End category you may not enter a fish in your State category.
- Fish entered in this category are nominated as Top End (TE) and not State specific.
- Private dams and impoundments are strictly excluded from the Pirtek Fishing Challenge.
- The Southern WA category encompasses all of Western Australia not included in the Top End category. In other words, east from Carnarvon in a straight line to the Western Australia / Northern Territory corner border, then south to the Great Australian Bight, and following the coast west and then north to Carnarvon.